Friday, February 19, 2010

Shower Door Rubber Runners Why Is My Apartment Leaking Air?

Why is my apartment leaking air? - shower door rubber runners

I moved into an apartment in the 20th Floor, and there is an air leak so strange. The apartment has 2 air conditioning units on the wall and the heating is provided by the construction in some corridors in the ground (with disabilities).

Thus, the air is hot in the hallway outside the apartment, and I want to keep, to keep my electricity bill, but it slipped through the crack in the door. I tried a few rubber bands under the door, but the door is so inclined, that finally the door is so far the story is still an area in which air enters I also noticed that "There is a vent above the stove ( be used to carry away fumes while cooking) and a small hole just above the showerhead in the bathroom (who knows what) target. The air is sucked in thesE winds. I also noticed a difference in the pipes for the sink through the wall and the air flows from the slot.

What happened here? How can my cool A / C air in my apartment? I force the apartment complex to do something?

1 comments:

nailbend... said...

Get a door sweep. This is a plank of wood, metal or plastic with a rubber flap that hangs. Insert at the bottom of the door with screws block for the project. a product called "big things" will come to a hole through your lines. This is an expanding foam that you spray into the breach and continue to grow for several hours that air can penetrate guaranteed. Good luck!

Post a Comment